PrimalPad 2012 comments/suggestions

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 10 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Al Dunbar

Post by Al Dunbar »

Just downloaded the 2012 version, and was finally able to figure out how to enable colour-coding of powershell code in modules (*.psm1) - THANKS!
Just a few minor nits I'll mention:

- not crazy about the new default icon or the loss of the previous default icon. simple workaround, so not a high priority issue though...

- I often use the left click button in the powershell to copy and to paste. Cool, because the only other way I have found to paste there is by dragging and dropping. PrimalPad seems to honor only those copy/paste methods that powershell doesn't. If there were a PrimalPad wish list, I'd add to it a right-click context menu that allows these operations.

/Al
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Thank you for the suggestions. I will forward it to the dev team. David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Al Dunbar

Post by Al Dunbar »

OK, you can cancel that request. After a while I noticed that a right-click actually does bring up a context menu with cut, copy, and paste entries - just like I wanted. I think the reason it failed before was that I was trying to paste into an empty file. Perhaps the context menu is only available when you are clicking somewhere where there is text.
b0n3z

Re: PrimalPad 2012 comments/suggestions

Post by b0n3z »

1) When editing a VBS file - Alt + F, S (for hot keys to save) do not seem to save, even though S is highlighted.

2) Feedback link is broke - bad link.

3) F5 to "Run Script" would be nice

Great light tool!

-b0n3z
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The ribbon interface works a bit different than the old menus.
If you press and HOLD Alt while pressing F and S it will save.

I will add F5 to the 2014 version :-)
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Bosparan

Post by Bosparan »

Tried it out and liked it, some abilities I'd like to have though:

- Support for parameter-coloring (like "-path")
- Support for multiline-comment coloring (<# ... #>)
- Detection of non-standard library functions and parameters in coloring (Active directory, Exchange Management Shell, etc.)
- FakeIt option where I can declare text as a command or parameter so it colors it properly

Cheers

P.s.: Only tested it for PowerShell scripts, so that's my perspective
This topic is 10 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.