PrimalXML 2012 v3.0.0 Crashes on Startup

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

It has to do with the StartPage. I'm going to send you an new exe in DropBox. Please replace the current version and enable the startpage again. Let me know if it still crashes. David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
sapien@leafgrove.com

Post by sapien@leafgrove.com »

New EXE didn't solve it. Crashes again when start page enabled, stops crashing when disabled. Splash screen indicates v3.0.1. i'll pick it up again in the morning.Cheers James
davidc

Post by davidc »

Do you have Internet Explorer disabled on your machine? David
David
sapien@leafgrove.com

No! It's a pretty standard work laptop build. No special setup, no dodgy GPOs disabling things - and the other primal software works fine with the start pages.
sapien@leafgrove.com

Also, I noticed that it seems to oddly format tags when empty.IE: <line></line> reformats to <line/> when show closing tags is disabled (the default setting). Empty tags are there for a reason so it doesn't make sense to alter them like this. Any reason why?
davidc

Post by davidc »

Its just the way the parser reformats empty tags. I will look into it.As for the crash. I uploaded the exe with popup messages. Please replace and run the new version and let me know if you get any messages before the crash. Thank you, David
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

To keep the closing tags go to Options->General and check the "Show Closing Tags" option. David
David
sapien@leafgrove.com

No new popups. Splash screen and crash notification window. I don't need to enable the start page, just trying to open it from the menu causes the crash.CheersJames
davidc

Post by davidc »

Ok we are getting closer to solving the problem. Please try the latest exe. David
David
sapien@leafgrove.com

I start XML without the startpage and then run it manually. A whole bunch of popups this time:Build Path2Check File 2Open Start Page 2Load Recent3 second pauseCrash. No doubt you're pretty happy with that!Cheers James
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.