iPowerShell and PowerShell Help Community Edition

Support forums for users of iPowerShell. This forum does not offer a response time guarantee.
This topic is 11 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
arcanecode

Post by arcanecode »

Hi, I just bought the iPowerShell, looks to be a neat handy app. I love the fact that it's extensible by writing our own properly formatted XML files, which brings me to my question. Is the file format used by iPowerShell the same as what the PowerShell Help Community Edition uses? In other words, if I write an XML file with the help I need, could I use it in both apps? Thanks, Robert Cain / ArcaneCode
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The XML format is a standard PowerShell help file format and supported by both applications, yes. Please see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... S.85).aspx
for the exact format specifications.

Please note that the XML sample on this page has some typos in it.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
arcanecode

Post by arcanecode »

Awesome, thanks for the quick response Alexander. I just blogged about iPowerShell at http://arcanecode.com/2012/04/04/ipowershell/, please let me know if you see any inaccuracies. Thanks,Robert
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

Thank you for he nice blog article. I will put your suggestions on our potential feature list.
F.G. Rios
This topic is 11 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.