Packaging Error

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Packaging Error

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please email your pff file for that simple form to support@sapien.com
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
virusexpert

Packaging Error

Post by virusexpert »

I am using the sample dialog form. If I specify the wrong password it fails with a bad userid/password message, but if the password is correct the .exe crashes on load.
Alexander Riedel

Packaging Error

I understand. If you specify a wrong password, the code exits, never reaching the point where it crashes. Why I am asking for the pff file so I can see if there is anything in the version information you entered that might cause this.If you just use a pure sample, please let me know which.
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

Packaging Error

We received word from MS that the problem with the password characters "can occur under certain circumstances in enviroments using domain controllers rather than peer-to-peer networking".Unfortunately there was no indication when and if this would be addressed.We are moving to implement an alternative method for the .NET packaging engines that will cause them to launch themselves again using the specified credentials. This is equivalent to using RunAs and actually has other benefits in cross-domain situations. I expect this to be ready to be tested in about a week and hope that you might be willing to help with that. At any rate, I just wanted to keep everyone here in the loop and assure you that we are actively working on the problem. Thank you all for your patience so far.
Alexander Riedel
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

Sounds good. I will test it as soon as it is available.
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

Any progress on getting a test candidate out?
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

Any update?
Alexander Riedel

Packaging Error

We are working on it. As soon as something is available I will post here.
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

Packaging Error

New builds with new engines have been posted. These engines offer a new option to run your process under different credentials. Please see here:http://www.sapien.com/blog/2011/07/08/n ... -packages/
Alexander Riedel
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

Back from vacation and just seeing this change now. I read the blog post about "2" instances (one bootstrapping the new one) and I am hesitant to download and test the new version.

What happens to start up code in the app? Is that start up code launched a second time? Does the second instance get launched before the OnApplicationLoad commands have run already?
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.