PrimalSQL is very slow to start

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 13 years and 4 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
tfranciosi

Post by tfranciosi »

When starting PrimalSQL 2009, it takes up to 15 minutes for the program to load.

I am logging in remotely via citrix, and I have active connections established.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Are you opening a query file or just running PrimalSQL from a shortcut? In addition, what OS are you running?

Thank you,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
tfranciosi

Post by tfranciosi »

I am running Windows Server 2003 R2, 64 bit, sp2

Now I have only one db connection, and it is taking a very long time to return results from a query.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Is the database on the same machine? What provider are you using?
If there is a slow connection, it can take some time for the query builder to build the internal metadata. Try using the SQL Text Document to run your query and see if it makes a difference. In addition, running queries in ReadOnly mode will help speed up the query results.

David
David
tfranciosi

Post by tfranciosi »

The db is not on the same machine; but it is on SAN connected with Fiberchannel. There is 1gigabit between servers. I am running the query within the same context.

We are querying several thousand rows within the db. Can PrimalSQL handle that kind of throughput?

I do not believe we have a bandwidth or connectivity problem.
davidc

Post by davidc »

It should be able to handle large amount of rows, but it can also depend on the context of the rows, indexing in the database, or connection type. Is AppData folder mapped to a network location?
David
tfranciosi

Post by tfranciosi »

yes
davidc

Post by davidc »

That could be the source of the slow down. It uses the AppData folder as a data cache.
David
tfranciosi

Post by tfranciosi »

what is the default path to the appdata folder?
davidc

Post by davidc »

I'm not sure what the path is for Windows Server 2003, but here the paths for the other Windows versions:

Windows 7:
C:Users<username>AppDataRoaming

Windows XP:
C:Documents and Settings<username>Application Data
David
This topic is 13 years and 4 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.