Mouse Wheel Scrolling PrimalScript 2009

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 13 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jasonkindler

Post by jasonkindler »

ok, well that was quick. I was using an app called Wizmouse. Looking in the setting of that I noticed it emulates mouse scrolling for applications that do not support it. I disabled that and scrolling in Primalscript works correctly now. Still weird that your application was the only one effected by the setting. Maybe further investigation is needed to understand why and control the issue.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We are not doing anything in regards to mousewheel scrolling than what is prescribed by the Windows API. There is no code whatsoever in PrimalScript that makes it scroll sideways with a mousewheel.
I am using the same MS software on a test system without any ill effect. We usually find that some other third party software interferes.
Can you tell me what else you are running on your system?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

Where can Wizmouse be obtained from?
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

We found that this software indeed sends a horizontal scroll message if the mouse cursor is on a PrimalScript editing windows.
It appears, since the embedded window has only horizontal splitter rather then both a horizontal AND a vertical splitter that WizMouse wrongfully assumes the Window can only be scrolled sideways.

We have added the additonal splitter to the next service build and even though this is not particularly useful for code editing, it will avoid the issue seen with software like this.

Thank you for your input.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 13 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.