Primal Script 2009

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 13 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
pfinn1977

Primal Script 2009

Post by pfinn1977 »

I downloaded and install primal script 2009 on my windows xp machine to see if I wanted to recommend its purchase for our department. However when I launch the app all I get is the primal script splash screen and nothing else happens. The splash screen remains up until I run task manager and kill the primalscript.exe
Ferdinand Rios

Primal Script 2009

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

Probably a hidden error message in a dialog. try running it with the command line switch /NOSPLASH and see if the error message shows up.
F.G. Rios
pfinn1977

Primal Script 2009

Post by pfinn1977 »

Failed to connect to server: Error Code: 800704221 . Why does that pop up behind the splash screen?
Ferdinand Rios

Primal Script 2009

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

Its a timing issue. We cannot necessarily control when an error message from the system will popup, which is why we have the /NOSPLASH command option.

As to the error itself, let me consult with the dev team and someone will get back to you.
F.G. Rios
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Primal Script 2009

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Clicking OK should get rid of the error message and allow you to resume normal operation.
Do you have the "Windows Management Instrumentation Service" stopped or set to disabled?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Primal Script 2009

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Topic moved to correct forum.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 13 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.