PrimalForms Quest AD ActiveRoles

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 13 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
chroswalt

Post by chroswalt »

I'm working on a simple little app to show off the power of Primal Forms so I can convince the approvers to approve, but I'm running into a perplexing problem.
The application lets an administrator quickly add users to Citrix groups and view/create Terminal Services Profile and Home Directory. The application is using Quest AD Active Roles. You type in the name of the user and click Retrieve User(s) button and the list box populates with the user name. You can then click on the select user in the list box and the TS Profile Path, Drive, and Home Directory populate.

The problem is TSProfilePath, TSHomeDirectory, or any TS information isn
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You probably don't load the Quest AD snapin in your PrimalForms application. The standard shell processes a profile that normally loads those.
Applications should not depend on any specific profile so you need to load any needed snapins and modules explicitly.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
chroswalt

Post by chroswalt »

I have the following command inside the OnApplicationLoad function: Add-PSSnapin "Quest.ActiveRoles.ADManagement"

I can run Get-QADUser and return DisplayName, SAMAccountName, etc, but it doesn't return TS information. Here is an excert of the command $Users | Format-List | Out-Host

UserPrincipalName : username@domain.comTsProfilePath : TsHomeDirectory : TsHomeDrive : TsAllowLogon : TsRemoteControl : TsMaxDisconnectionTime : TsMaxConnectionTime : TsMaxIdleTime : TsReconnectionAction : TsBrokenConnectionAction : TsConnectClientDrives : TsConnectPrinterDrives : TsDefaultToMainPrinter : TsWorkDirectory : TsInitialProgram : AccountExpires : PasswordLastSet : 9/99/9999 7:58:15 AMPasswordAge : 999.07:58:42.4235429PasswordExpires : LastLogonTimestamp : 6/22/2010 6:16:04 PMLastLogon : 6/24/2010 6:22:58 PMLastLogoff : AccountIsDisabled : FalseAccountIsLockedOut : FalsePasswordNeverExpires : TrueUserMustChangePassword : FalseAccountIsExpired : FalsePasswordIsExpired : FalseAccountExpirationStatus : NeverPasswordStatus : NTAccountName : domainusrnameSamAccountName : usrnameSecurity : Quest.ActiveRoles.ArsPowerShellSnapIn.UI.SecurityD escriptorDomain : domain
Alexander Riedel

What OS are you running this on? 32 or 64 bit?
Alexander Riedel
chroswalt

Post by chroswalt »

I am running 64bit Windows 7.
Alexander Riedel

Try packaging your script as a 64 bit application in PrimalForms and running the resulting exe. Does that make a difference?
Alexander Riedel
chroswalt

Post by chroswalt »

Yes that worked!
Why do I have specify compile it versus using the run? Is it because it needs to use the x64 bit verion of Active Roles?

Thank for the help.
Alexander Riedel

The current version of PrimalForms is 32bit, so when it runs it internally it executes with the 32 bit version of PowerShell and the 32 bit version of the Quest plugin.
I am assuming that the terminal server information is not accessible to a 32 bit process or simply not supported by the Quest plugin. You'd have to ask Quest for the actual details of the differences.

Alexander Riedel
chroswalt

Post by chroswalt »

Aw, you're absolutly right.
I loaded up powershell using: %SystemRoot%syswow64WindowsPowerShellv1.0powershell.exe
and then loaded the Quest Active Roles using the command: Add-PSSnapin "Quest.ActiveRoles.ADManagement"

I then ran the command: Get-QadUser username | format-list. As you explained all the TS information was absent.

If I do the same by loading Powershell using:
%SystemRoot%system32WindowsPowerShellv1.0powershell.exe
The TS information is there.

Thanks again this will definitely help to show the value of the product.
This topic is 13 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.