PrimalSQL and SQL query

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rimvydukas

PrimalSQL and SQL query

Post by rimvydukas »

Hi,Using latest version of product. I'm trying to write sql queries in "SQL edit" window. So my question is very simple - how can I run only selected part of query? I can do that in sql manager without any problems but I have not found the way how can I do this in primalsql:( Thanks.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

PrimalSQL and SQL query

Post by davidc »

This is only supported in the SQL Document type. If you are using the Query Builder you will have to convert the document.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
rimvydukas

PrimalSQL and SQL query

Post by rimvydukas »

Can you clarify what is this "SQL document type"? Where can I find it?

And are you going to add this support to query builder? It would be very nice to have such option in sql edit window.rimvydukas2010-03-21 23:58:38
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

PrimalSQL and SQL query

Post by davidc »

You can create a SQL Document by going to Main Application Button->New->New SQL Document.
Alternatively you can right click on a Connect in the Database Browser and select the "Query Database (SQL Only) option.

You can also convert your Query file to SQL file by using "Save As" button.

The query builder only supports a single statement. Therefore if you have multiple statements and you modified the Query builder, they will be replaced with the first statement.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 14 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.