Strange Coloring in PowerShell scripts

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 14 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
greatbarrier86

Post by greatbarrier86 »

It appears that when i browse through my script, the coloring changes randomly on certain areas. Unquoted stuff suddenly displays the quoted font and vice versa. It looks fine when i open it, but when i scroll down and click somewhere within the code, the font and color changes. I scroll to the top and click and it works fine. I'm pretty certain i can convince my boss to let me buy this, but i just want to make sure about this. Maybe i've set it up incorrectly.

On the http://support.sapien.com/logs/default.asp page, under PrimalScript 2009, it shows "Fix: Multiline coloring in PowerShell can cause incorrect coloring" but i installed the new version and it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Perhaps this isn't the same issue?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The best way to find this out is if you send a script that displays the problem (zipped) to support@sapien.com.
We made some changes to way multi-line strings are handled in PowerShell, so it is possible there is a kink or two left.

We are more than happy to look and investigate what you send us.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please download build 625 and check if this resolves your problem.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
greatbarrier86

Post by greatbarrier86 »

That fixed it. Thanks so much Alex.
This topic is 14 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.