Trying to package Powershell...

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 14 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bernsco

Post by bernsco »

I am trying to package a .ps1 file that utilizes windows forms that I
created with Primal Forms. I create the package with the Sabien
Powershell Host (Windows) from PrimalScript 2009 since I can't add
powershell code in PrimalForms, but when I execute the .exe nothing
happens. Have any of you had experience with this that could lend some
insight? Thanks!
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Are you able to run the script directly from PrimalScript without issue? In addition, what OS and software versions are you using?
David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
bernsco

Post by bernsco »

Yes, I can run the script from PrimalScript and a Powershell promt without issue. I am on WinXP SP3, PrimalScript v5.0.610, and PrimalForms v1.0.5.0. Let me know if you would like the code for the script as well.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Yes, please email the script to support@sapien.com and include a list of any other settings you are using in the packager. This way we can try to reproduce the issue on our end.
David
David
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I have packaged your script with the same settings that you sent us. It seems to run fine.

I have attached the package here, please see if this exe runs. We'll take it from there.

PatchCheckApp.zipAlexander Riedel2009-08-07 15:23:11
Alexander Riedel
bernsco

Post by bernsco »

Thanks. The packaged powershell scripts are designed to only work on machines with powershell installed right?
Alexander Riedel

Yes, PowerShell is required.
Alexander Riedel
bernsco

Post by bernsco »

I should add, that this package worked on machines where powershell was installed. The only way was also able to get this script packaged was by selecting to package without a default manifest.
Alexander Riedel

If the common controls version referenced in the manifest don't exist, then the only way to run it is to leave the manifest off. Usually that only applies to OS versions prior to Windows XP SP2.
Alexander Riedel
bernsco

Post by bernsco »

Okay, cool. Thanks for all your help. These are great tools that will be of significant benefit for me.
This topic is 14 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.