Diff in PrimalXML

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mwb1100

Diff in PrimalXML

Post by mwb1100 »

I'd like to do a diff on 2 files I have open in PrimalXML (I'm running in trial mode at the moment in case that matters); when I bring up the Diff ribbon all of the items are disabled - how do I initiate a diff between the 2 files that are open in PrimalXML (or any kind of diff for that matter)?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Diff in PrimalXML

Post by davidc »

On the Home Tab of the Ribbon, go to the XML category and press the "Compare Files" button. It will bring up a dialog that will let you select the file you wish to compare.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mwb1100

Diff in PrimalXML

Post by mwb1100 »

Thanks - I think my eye had been skipping over that portion of the ribbon thining that it had to do only with formatting type stuff...

Anyway that's my excuse.

A couple of quick comments based on an initial diif:

1) I'd like to be able to simply chose an already open file to compare against instead of having to navigate to it in the file system (especially since the "File open" dialog always starts at "My DocumentsSapienXML" instead of the last directory that I opened a file from).

2) a "diff map" along the side of the diff that marks where the differences are in the whole file range would be nice.

Thanks!
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Diff in PrimalXML

Post by davidc »

Thank you for the feedback. We will add them to the feature request list.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 14 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.