Toolbars registry settings in wrong place

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

On all new 2009 products please note that all of teh toolbars are being loaded into teh root of teh HKCU registry hive.

BCGPBaseControlBar-156

Each product adds it's toolbar settings and adds a unique number at teh end of the name.

This is not within WIondows UI and registry usage guidlines and cause various registry tools to complain about no product match.

Al products should be listed under HKCUSoftware<vendor name>

This prevents namespace collisions and reduces the huge amount of clutter created at the root of the hive.

Notice the BCGP settings. These are all from the various Sapien products.

I know it may take a bit to fix this as it is a pretty nasty goof but it migh also explain some other erros down the road as other bits of code will not look in root by default.

Good luck on this one.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thanks! We are checking right now.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

It is only PrimalPad that does that. The additional toolbars come from UI elements that are not surfaced (yet). This only occurs with an INI file present.

A new build is uploading right now.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

Alex-Great!

Sorry - I didn't expect a new build - only wanted it on the bug list.

Thanks again Alex.

Byt the way. If it's only PrimalPad how come thert eare so many instances of the toolbar. I see 4 of each. It matches four of the products I ahveused.

I'll do some more checking - maybe you are right about that.
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

Alex - you are correct. It only happens with an ini file and only with PrimalPad.

Not such a big deal after all.

THe printers in primalpad do not remember the settings. Add to a later list as it's not a problem here.
Alexander Riedel

Not sure what you mean with printers not remembering settings. They don't anywhere. Whenever invoked the print settings are taken from the default system settings which can only be permanently changed in the control panel. Every software is supposed to work that way.
Am I missing something?
Alexander Riedel
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

No the printer settings are supoed to be remembered per application. In Office it always remembers my setting on a per document basis. This is kept both in the document and the registry I believe.

In PrimalPad we have the "print setup" menu item on the file menu. It creates the "Printer" key in the root of HKCU (not supposed to be there). This is where printer preferences are to be saved for the application.

Key is created by PrimalPad when you alter print setup. I believe the setup and reg stuff is done in background by NET callses for printer.

jvierra

Post by jvierra »

Sorry Alex - I just discovered that that i being set by the pprionter software when I print from PrimalPad.

My error.

This topic is 14 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.