PrimalSQL 2009 1.0.3 Continually Crashes

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
sreimert

Post by sreimert »

Hello,

I am running PrimalSQL 2009 (1.0.3), and I had the same issue since the 1.0 product. When I try to run a SQL query against an Oracle DB, PrimalSQL 2009 just crashes. I don't have any other database types to connect to, so I couldn't tell you if it happens with MS SQL, etc.

I can create the connection and get a successful connection test. I can also successfully execute a "Query Database" command. However, when I drag a table into the Main area, select any/all columns for the query and execute, PrimalSQL just crashes.

For example, executing the query "Select AD_USERS.* From AD_USERS" will cause an immediate crash.

The connection string is:
Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Password=[redacted];Persist Security Info=True;User ID=staging;Data Source=gold.nektar.com;Extended Properties=""

Initially, the SQL dialect is set to Auto, but attempting to set it to Oracle 11g just hangs PrimalSQL (it doesn't exit, it just stops responding forever).

What other information would be helpful for troubleshooting? As it stands, I cannot use this application at ALL because everytime I try to execute a query, it crashes.

Thanks,
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Hello sreimert,

What Operating System are you running?
Also can you try to create a new connection with the "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle" and see if you get the same results?

Thank you,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
sreimert

Post by sreimert »

I'm running Windows XP SP3.

Changing the provider as you suggested solved the issue -- to my GREAT relief! I was afraid I was going to have to give up this project and it shows a LOT of promise!

So, for the record, the "Oracle provider for OLE DB" is a no-go, but the Microsoft OLE DB provider for Oracle works perfectly.

Thanks!
This topic is 14 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.