A Few Questions before i Order.

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 14 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dcdelgado

Post by dcdelgado »

HA,Just have a few questions before i order.1) Under your new additions section, the below info is stated,"The new Quantum Script Host allows you to run your scripts (VBScript, JScript,
PowerShell) with elevation on Windows Vista and Windows 7."With your normal script packager can i wrap the .exe file to run with elevated priv on windows XP?2) can you give me the link that compares the Standard/Professional and Enterprise Primalscript versions together.thanks.
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

I will have to get back to you on #1 above. But as for #2, there are no more separate editions of PrimalScript. ALL functionality is in the one edition.
F.G. Rios
dcdelgado

Post by dcdelgado »

ok thanks, i'll wait for your reply.
dcdelgado

Post by dcdelgado »

Hi,So if i want to embed my Admin creds in the primalscript packaged .exe file then give the file to a normal user to run, will it run for the user under my alt admin creds that i added?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The resulting exe will run under the current users credentials
and either try to impersonate the specified user or attempt to use runas on the script with the specified credentials.
Depending on your goal and network setup one may work better than the other.
For cross domain login situations the runas method usually works better.
There can also be group policy restrictions on "normal" users that prevent runas and impersonation, please check if that is not disabled.

Please download the trial and try it out, this feature is fully functional and will just display a message that the exe was packaged with a trial version before it executes the script.

But the short answer is "yes" ;-)

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
dcdelgado

Post by dcdelgado »

Yeah i have the trail version now expired, and the alt creds never worked for me, but on reading some other comments of users having the same issue one of the admins said that a particular alt cred issue had been fixed in a updated version of primalscript?, we have no gpo's in our domain that restrict the users from running the runas command, so that is not the issue in this case, i am hoping that the updated version will fix the issue.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

What exact issue are you referring to?
You can email sales@sapien.com to ask for a trial extension to verify that it works for you.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
dcdelgado

Post by dcdelgado »

ok i have sent them an email, thanks.
This topic is 14 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.