Help or Manual

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
csaintaz

Help or Manual

Post by csaintaz »

Is there a manual somewhere for PrimalSQL 2009? Is there a help file available?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Help or Manual

Post by davidc »

We are currently working on completing the help file for PrimalSQL and we are sorry for any inconvenience. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them.
Thank you,
David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
csaintaz

Help or Manual

Post by csaintaz »

Thanks David,

I was looking for a way to modify the key words for the SQL dialects. Specifically, the join syntax of the product we access (Providex) through the ODBC driver places the join in curly brackets, and begins with "oj" whether it is an inner or outer join.

When I have the dialect selected automatically, PrimalSQL 2009 selects universal, which does not match the join syntax I need.

I have found that the join syntax is similar to MySQL, where the key word "oj" is included for compatibility with ODBC data sources. I have tried to use the several MySQL dialects, but they do not see my data.

I realize I can manually edit the sql statements generated, I was just hoping there was a way to get the syntax fully automated.

Thank you.
davidc

Help or Manual

Post by davidc »

You do have the option to change the dialect on the Query Builder. Click on the "Query Builder Properties" button on the Ribbon bar and go to the "Non-Visual Options" tab where you can select the desired dialect.

Please note that the dialect is store with the query file and not the connection.

David
David
davidc

Help or Manual

Post by davidc »

Sorry you wish to tweak the existing dialect to provide a keyword? You can customize the Builder in a few ways, but you can't change the actual words, unless it is already provided in an existing dialect.davidc2009-04-29 09:57:27
David
This topic is 14 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.