Hardcoded Paths

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ferghus

Hardcoded Paths

Post by ferghus »

Again, I can't post this to the tech support forum:

You've provided many paths in the Options dialog box, but there are still many hardcoded paths in PS. For example, the My DocumentsDatasources and My DocumentsSAPIEN with various subfolders are still hardcoded. I need to be able to point these folders to a different location. I do not want them in the My Documents folder.

A related issue is that I have folder redirection on my network. The My Documents folder is redirected to the network home folder. The Files/Folders Nexus doesn't handle redirected folders very well. It can't remember the last path, for example.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Hardcoded Paths

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It doesn't remember remote folders on purpose.
If on startup the connection is not available Windows tends to freeze applications for 20 seconds, waiting for the network timeout.

Any particular reason why you don't like the My Documents folder?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
ferghus

Hardcoded Paths

Post by ferghus »

Because My Documents is redirected to the network. I keep all my scripting stuff on my desktop so that it doesn't follow me around on the network. I can move a handful of folders via the Options dialog box, but there are still many hardcoded file paths.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Hardcoded Paths

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I have made a note in our wish list database.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.