Powershell and Colored output window

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 16 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bmclain

Post by bmclain »

Since PowerShell provides different colors in the output based on error, success, or debug, it would be great to have the ability to see colored output in the output window. It's a pain to have to run my scripts in the powershell window just so I can see the colors.
donj

Post by donj »

We'll definitely look into that. Right now the output window is a simple text control that isn't capable of multiple color, so this isn't a simple thing we can just "turn on," but it's definitely on the wish list. I should note that the color behavior is actually specific to the PowerShell.exe hosting application - other hosts are *intended* to handle Write-Host in their own way. This doesn't mean we won't pursue adding coloring - just that some other hosting applications might not, so it's something to keep in mind.Thanks!
b0n3z

Post by b0n3z »

I agree - this is something that would be very nice to have built into PrimalScript. However, I would also like the option to turn this off if wanted.For example - say your trying someone else's script and they went crazy with colors. I want to be able to turn that off so I can read the output easier.
This topic is 16 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.