Code folding enhancement

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 11 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
lta

Code folding enhancement

Post by lta »

Please make it possible to open scripts in Powershell Studio with all functions folded instead of unfolded. This will give a much better overview.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Code folding enhancement

Post by davidc »

Thank you for the suggestion. I will add it to the wish list. FYI, if you press Ctrl + (minus) PowerShell Studio will collapse all the folding nodes. David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
kh4857

Code folding enhancement

Post by kh4857 »

I agree being able to save a preference to open files with all outlines collapsed would be nice. I didn't think the shortcut commands to toggle the outlines were working but I figured it out an wanted to pass along.

First using Ctrl + (plus or minus key on numeric keypad) does not work at all for me, whether num lock is on or not.

Second, within PowerShell Studio when you right click the script and go to Outline on the menu it says "Collapse All Ctrl + +" and "Expand All Ctrl + -" which is backwards since the minus key is used for collapse.

But even if the menu was correct, I had problems expanding. Normally to type the plus sign on the regular keyboard you need to use Shift + (equals key), so I was trying Ctrl + Shift + (equals key). It turns out to expand you just forget about Shift and just use Ctrl + (equals).

In the absence of a preference setting, it would be nice if the numeric keypad +/- worked and short of that, the menu should either be updated to read "Collapse All Ctrl + -" and "Expand All Ctrl + +" but to actually be correct to expand it should read "Expand All Ctrl + =".

I love the Sapien suite and have few gripes, just wanted to point this out in case others run into this.
davidc

Code folding enhancement

Post by davidc »

The Numpad minus and plus keys are considered different keys then the + - keys near the backspace. We will look at including them so they also trigger the collapse/ expand.

Thank you for reporting the typo in the context menu. It will be resolved in the next service release.

David
David
davidc

Code folding enhancement

Post by davidc »

Note: If you use a #region it will be collapsed when you open the file.

David
David
This topic is 11 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.