Backup to Directory

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 12 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
peakay

Backup to Directory

Post by peakay »

I use Primalscript to create software installation scripts. The scripts are stored with the software the script will be used to deploy. I would like the .bak files to be saved to a "Backup Folder" in a separate location to keep the backups separate to the originals. Could that be added as an option on the backup or directory tabs? Maybe you could have a radio button with options to "save to same directory as original" and "save to Backup directory" (backup directory defined on "directories" tab.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Backup to Directory

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Hmm, not as easy as you think :-)

C:Scriptsrebootserver.ps1
C:Userssomenamesapienscriptsrebootserver.ps1

can be entirely different files.

If we cram the "rebootserver.ps1.bak" into the same

serversharebackupscripts

folder then the last write wins.

But I hear what you want, I just think it needs a different approach.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
peakay

Backup to Directory

Post by peakay »

Our standards mean all our scripts have the name and version of the software to be installed/uninstalled as part of the name, so it wouldn't be an issue for us, however, yes I see your point.

Hadn't thought of that when I posted.

Having the scripts in the same directory as the application to be installed is essentially a requirement with SCCM, so we also aren't able to use Source control either.

I just need some sort of safeguard. My current procedure is a script that I run monthly that searches for all vbs files in our app directories and copies them to a share in monthly folders. Obviously not the ideal method.
This topic is 12 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.