Update HOST file on remote servers using Windows P

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 12 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
aravindcyadav

Post by aravindcyadav »

I had a plan to write a windows power shell script file for the below. I am new to a windows power shell scripting.Can you please help me.

Update HOST file on remote servers using Windows Power Shell Script:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Input box -> Asks for a remote server name or server IP that we are going to update Host file.
Note: Here I need Graphical User Interface. Option has to provide to select server Name or IP address to be enter.
2. Input box -> Asks for administrator user name and password and stores in an variable.
2. Input Box -> Ask to enter IP address to update on host file.
3. Execute powershell script and connect to remote server and update Host file directly using provided Administrator user
name and password.
4. After update, get the full details of that Host file and display on screen.
5. Ask for update any more servers or not. Yes for update and no for Quit script.

Is it possible to write Windows power shell script for the above my steps?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I am sorry, but these forums here are for technical support questions related to our products only.
But if you post this over at our sister site www.scriptinganswers.com I am sure you will get some help there.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 12 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.