Highlight all instances of text selected in editor

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
peter_mclean@dodo.com.au

Post by peter_mclean@dodo.com.au »

I use the Notepad++ editor to identify all instances of the use of a variable so that I can track whether the variable is for example, passed correctly between functions, etc. To do this I simply double click my mouse on the first instance of the variable and all instances of the variable are highlighted in green in the editor. Is it possible to add this feature to the next release of Primalscript?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It's on the list of things to do.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
peter_mclean@dodo.com.au

Post by peter_mclean@dodo.com.au »

Thanks Alex. I look forward to the feature. Currently I switch between Primalscript and notepad++ to use the feature. I find it to be a thorough way of cross-checking the correct use of variables as well as the correct use of variables in the right syntax and programmatic context.
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.