Compare Files: Choose FTP Location

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 17 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
djlurch

Compare Files: Choose FTP Location

Post by djlurch »

According to suggestions by others I now code on my desktop and upload to the server when I release. The problem is that I sometimes need to roll out immediate bug fixes on the live server. Therefore I edit some live code and have to remember to update the local file. Sometimes this process is interrupted by a phone call and the process becomes a memory game.I'm looking for a solution overall, but did have some input in regards to PS.I tried the Compare Files functionality of PS, but I can't choose a file via FTP. Both files must be local. It would be nice if I could choose an FTP file so I wouldn't have to download the file to a location, hunt it down, and then re-upload it. This is a hassle. It would be much easier to use the FTP explorer when comparing files.If the compare files functionality isn't a primary focus, then don't worry about it. Otherwise it'd be a nice feature that I think others might use.
This topic is 17 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.