The diff's of .psf files are unreadable

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 4 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ALIENQuake
Has voted: 4 times

The diff's of .psf files are unreadable

Post by ALIENQuake »

Hi,

recently I wanted to use source control for my project. It's mainly psf and ps1 for all necessary functions.

But every time when I modify a form, there is a huge change of 'xml data' part inside file. Same thing when I replace one image with another.

The diff's are huge and it's very uncomfortable to see actual code changes. I'm aware that this is because of psf merge some code + data but is there no other solution to separate actual data/forms code from pure Powershell code?
ALIENQuake

Re: The diff's of .psf files are unreadable

Post by ALIENQuake »

Actually, spliting psf files into two:

- one with actual code
- one with xml data

would be easiest solution, what do you think?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

At this time, all the content is located with the single file psf. Could you post a feature request here?

https://www.sapien.com/requests

Thank you for your feedback.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
ALIENQuake

Post by ALIENQuake »

This topic is 4 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.