[PSS] Per Project Snippets

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bosparan

[PSS] Per Project Snippets

Post by Bosparan »

Hi guys,

another feature idea crossing the ocean :)
I've just been curating my dbatools snippets and considered sharing them with the project lead, Chrissy, when a thought struck my mind (a dangerous thing, I know ;) ):

What if any snippets-file that is in a project's folder or subfolders were automatically detected and listed in the snippets panel as a fourth option "Project" (in addition to the three current "User", "Custom" and "Preset"). This would easily allow sharing snippets templating project specific stuff across the entire team.

From an implementation perspective, I think the easiest way to do this would be to mimic the project folder structure in the snippet panel and just maintain snippet management in there.

Cheers,
Fred
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: [PSS] Per Project Snippets

Post by davidc »

Thank you for the suggestion. I will add it to the wish list.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: [PSS] Per Project Snippets

Post by davidc »

In case you missed it, we implemented this feature in the v5.4.142 service release
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.