[PSS] build exe file without encryption

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 6 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jewver

[PSS] build exe file without encryption

Post by jewver »

We use an anti-virus software against Ransomware in our company (Trend Micro). This usually causes the problem that exe files created with Powershell Studio are blocked. The heuristics of the protection software here probably assesses the fact that Powershell code is executed from an encrypted exe file as potentially "ransomware-like".

The execution as ps1 or via the scriptdriver is no problem.

It would be very helpful if it´s possible to choose an option to omit the encryption during packet building.

Best regards
jewver
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: [PSS] build exe file without encryption

Post by davidc »

That you for the request. I added it to our feature wish list.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

"... here probably assesses ..."
I am reading this as a guess on your part. I would submit that Trend Micro has no idea how that code is stored, nor would it care.
Without any actual error messages or logs it it very hard to determine what Trend Micro actually complains about. So if you could submit that information that would be very helpful.
We do have a script packager option in PrimalScript that runs your extracted script as a temporary file, akin to scriptdriver. I am not sure at the moment if that engine is included in PowerShell Studio, but I will talk to the team.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jewver

Post by jewver »

Hi Alexander
the message is : "Unauthorized File Encryption"
I have attached a screen copy.

Best regards,
jewver
Attachments
000934.jpg
000934.jpg (235.85 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
This topic is 6 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.