PowerShell Studio: Disabling the "Find reached the starting point of the search"

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 7 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Jehoschua

PowerShell Studio: Disabling the "Find reached the starting point of the search"

Post by Jehoschua »

Good evening

After this post, I'll go to sleep and stop posting usability wishes :-).

If you think about enhancing the search function (I've added some wishes before),
then please allow us to disable the workflow-breaking "Find reached the starting point of the search" popup.

(I thought that this information would be helpful, too, but it just disturb and we never need this explicit information in other editors)

Thanks a lot in advance,
kind regards,
Thomas
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PowerShell Studio: Disabling the "Find reached the starting point of the search"

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I am sorry to hear this disturbs your workflow. "... but it just disturb and we never need this explicit information in other editors" I am a bit puzzled as to who "we" is here. :D
If you don't hit that break, you can go around a few times in a larger file before you notice and that for sure will cramp your workflow.
At any rate, no one else has ever found that disruptive, so I am going with a no on that one.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
AkrosIT

Re: PowerShell Studio: Disabling the "Find reached the starting point of the search"

Post by AkrosIT »

Good morning,
it's a real pity because there is almost no work to allow us to enable / disable this (useless) notification.

If I talk about us (plural), then it's because I discuss such strange (because it's not usual in profesisonal IDEs and Editors) behavior with my colleagues; we're about 60, mostly senior developers.

Btw. I'me the only one which uses PowerShell Studio, because my rating is: "Its very useful for debugging and annyoing for editing because of some small missing features which senior developers expect."

We use IntelliJ, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code and mostly Notepad++ for simple tasks.

Many little things in life are what make us happy... or are annoing :)

Kind regards, Thomas
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Funny, all the editors I tested just now do indicate the wrap. But anyway, I will forward your opinion.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.