PowerShell Studio: Search: please use the same "Find what" string for all Document Tabs

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 7 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Jehoschua

PowerShell Studio: Search: please use the same "Find what" string for all Document Tabs

Post by Jehoschua »

Good evening

I'm very sorry that I write again... I tried to get into the habit of working "the PowerShell Studio way" for some month now, but it really lacks of usual, useful and often great small things and therefore, PowerShell Studio is nice just because it's the only stable platform for PowerShell debugging - but it's not fun to work with.
Therefore, I very much apologize for writing so many feature request.

Fortunately, this one is probably a simple wish, too:
Please allow us to enable the feature, so that F3 / Shift+F4 (Find next/previous) works for all Document Tabs.

Today, if we change the Tab, we have to define the "Find what" string again, which is (really) annyoing.
Here is a typical situation:
- We are in File 1 and search for any string.
- Unfortunately, we can not find the position, therefore we switch to File 2.
- Now, we press F3 again, to search the next position in the other file - of course, with the same string to search for. Bad luck with PowerShell Studio: we have to define the "Find what" string again. For each Document.

Thanks a lot,
kind regards,
Thomas
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PowerShell Studio: Search: please use the same "Find what" string for all Document Tabs

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I will pass your suggestion on to the team.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.