Unix-style line endings in PowerShell Studio

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 6 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mmcnabb

Unix-style line endings in PowerShell Studio

Post by mmcnabb »

With the advent of PowerShell Core supporting cross-platform scripting with Linux and OSX, scripts will likely need to be saved with Unix-style line endings (LF) to ensure compatibility. Please contact me for a link to a discussion on Github about this topic.

Currently it seems that PowerShell Studio saves script files with Windows-style line endings (CRLF) and there doesn't seem to be a way to configure this behavior. Please add this capability to the Editor options menu, or possibly in the status bar next to the file encoding selector.

Thanks!
DevinL

Re: Unix-style line endings in PowerShell Studio

Post by DevinL »

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll add this to the wishlist and when we have some more information, it'll be posted here.

Can you share the link to the discussion you mentioned? You can post it in this thread or PM me directly.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mmcnabb

Post by mmcnabb »

DevinL wrote:Thank you for the suggestion! I'll add this to the wishlist and when we have some more information, it'll be posted here.

Can you share the link to the discussion you mentioned? You can post it in this thread or PM me directly.
Unfortunately I can't post outside links in this forum since I'm a new poster. Maybe this will get you there?

github_dot_com/PoshCode/PowerShellPracticeAndStyle/issues/68

I did send this URL over to June B. on twitter, so she can probably point you in the right direction as well.

Thanks!
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

I just typed it out and it worked without issue so I'll add this to the feature request as additional information, thanks :)
DevinL
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

You can now alter the file's line endings using the status bar:

https://www.sapien.com/blog/2018/02/20/ ... -v5-5-149/
David
This topic is 6 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.