PowerShell Studio 2016 -Navigation - Back Button

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
timstspry17

PowerShell Studio 2016 -Navigation - Back Button

Post by timstspry17 »

I know that there is a previous post on this topic, but it is from 2011 and I don't see the feature incorporated into PowerShell Studio 2016. I am a .NET developer and am in Visual Studio 2015 every day. VS 2015 has a navigate back button which is useful if you right click on a method and go to its definition. I would like the same functionality in PowerShell Studio. The suggested workaround is to bookmark where you are in your script prior to right clicking on a function and selecting goto declaration. While that will work, this is less than ideal for someone who spends most of their time in VS. I would like to see this functionality added to your product.
Bosparan

Re: PowerShell Studio 2016 -Navigation - Back Button

Post by Bosparan »

I usually split functions of into their own pages, so I can go back after looking up the definition by selecting the previous tab. That's not always possible though, so I second the motion.
"Last Edit" can sometimes help, if you only looked something up.
DevinL

Re: PowerShell Studio 2016 -Navigation - Back Button

Post by DevinL »

Hey timstpry17,

Just a note that we've added this feature in our latest service build (5.4.136) and we'd appreciate it if you could give it a try.

Please let us know if you have any troubles or concerns.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.