[PSS 2016]CBH Examples

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bosparan

[PSS 2016]CBH Examples

Post by Bosparan »

Hi,

when auto-generating Comment Based Help, it will generate an example for the function it is generated for. This example consists basically of the function name itself and the first two parameters defined.
Even when these parameters are part of different parametersets and cannot naturally occur together.

Also, for complex functions I always need more than a single example, so I have to create multiple entries manually. While much of that simply cannot be automatized, you can parse the function to create one example for each parameterset, with only the mandatory parameters automatically added. That would make documenting complex functions a lot easier and be even more useful when adding proper help on elder functions that may not have gotten examples at all so far (shame on us, I'd guess, but some of the eldest relics ...).

Cheers,
Bosparan
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.