[PSS 2016] Macro Support

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 7 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bosparan

[PSS 2016] Macro Support

Post by Bosparan »

Hello,

here I am again with yet another feature request:

Description
On a 1080p screen, the ribbon bar has quite a bit space left on the right side of the main tab. How about filling that with a new feature?

Add the ability to register shortcuts/macros, that do any combination and number of the following:
- Close all currently open files
- Open in new process, apply first, all other actions are executed only from the new process
- Open a file
- Open a project
- Perform deployment/build actions for a given script/project (you do remember the feature-request for being able to register several of those of each kind for a single project, do you?)
- Run a script
- Run a specific command
- Change an option to a specific setting
- Add a new file of a given type with a specific template to the current project
- Format Script (Current file / all opened files / specific file(s))
- Perform Find/Replace

Allow configuring:
- Name
- Tooltip
- Key Binding
- Register to quick-access bar

Also, add a new ribbon tab for this, since not everyone has always access to a big screen and the home-bar might be running out of space in that case.

Benefit
Custom Macros allow each user to set up actions to smooth his or her experience as required. It would also introduce a framework where new minor functionalities could be swiftly implemented without an immediate impact on the generic user.

Cheers,
Bosparan
DevinL

Re: [PSS 2016] Macro Support

Post by DevinL »

Thank you for the suggestion, Bosparan. I'll be sure to pass this along to the team and post here if I have any updates.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.