[PSS 2016] Separate Themes for editing and pasting

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bosparan

[PSS 2016] Separate Themes for editing and pasting

Post by Bosparan »

Hi,

one of the nice things about PowerShell Studio is its useful way of pasting code. Whether it's a direct paste for a forums thread with syntax highlighting or a paste to html, for inserting into blogs.
However, there is one issue for me with that:
My editing layout is VS2013 dark, which is easy on the eyes. Most forums (including this forum and my own blog for that matter) however use white as a background. This does not mesh well - braces become invisible for example - meaning I have to change themes for pasting code.

Wouldn't it be better to implement an option where the user can choose a theme, which is used when copy&pasting code, while having another theme for use in the editor? (Of course, by default the copy&paste theme is the same as the editing theme)

Cheers,
Bosparan
DevinL

Re: [PSS 2016] Separate Themes for editing and pasting

Post by DevinL »

I've had this happen a time or two and I can't believe it never occurred to me that we should have separate themes.

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll pass this along to the team.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.