Language switching in console window

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 8 years and 4 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Mekac_CZ

Language switching in console window

Post by Mekac_CZ »

Product, version and build: 5.2.117, trial
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit

Hello,
I cant figure it out, how to change Keyboard layout in console window.

My main layout is Czech QWERTY, for scripting I use default US-EN.
In script panel I'm able to switch languages by SHIFT+ALT, I cannot do the same within Console window.

Somehow I have different console screen from 2 concurrent sessions, one was started in "Run in Administrator" mode.

link: imgur . com/ hvlWsww
On one session there is console text field (and I cannot type into window, but language switching works), on other one there is no text field, I can type straight into console window, but cannot change language ...
DevinL

Re: Language switching in console window

Post by DevinL »

I'm not quite able to reproduce this.. I enabled a Czech QWERTY layout and was able to switch between ENG and CES without issue. You mention that you have 2 concurrent sessions and one was run as Administrator, what do you mean by this exactly? Do you have two instances of PowerShell Studio running and one of them is run as Admin?

On a side note, the text box that you're seeing at the bottom of the console is the enhanced console input line. If you would like it in both sessions or in neither of your sessions, simply check the box in Options -> Console.
Enhanced_Console.png
Enhanced_Console.png (12.66 KiB) Viewed 8536 times
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Mekac_CZ

Post by Mekac_CZ »

Thanks for reply!

Without "enhanced console input line" (thanks for pointing that out) I would type straight into Console window but there im unable to switch languages.
But its no big deal, since the language switching working for me in the enhanced line.

Its just weird u cannot reproduce that, i already tested this on another PC and same behavior.

Btw how did u tested that? Did u write some czech chars, like 123345 (above qwerty) => +ěščř ??
Ive noticed, that language switching looks like working normally (i see switching happening on tray icon), but in console window (without enhanced line) it just stay on CES layout.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

There's the difference, I was looking at the tray icon and verifying it was changing layouts as opposed to directly typing in the console. With that being said, I'll let the team know and as soon as I have more information I'll let you know.

Thanks for letting us know about this.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 8 years and 4 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.