Uninstalling PowerShell Studio 2015 gives GetLastError: 50

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rvdnieuwendijk

Uninstalling PowerShell Studio 2015 gives GetLastError: 50

Post by rvdnieuwendijk »

When I try to uninstall PowerShell Studio 2015, because my trial period is over, I get the following error message:
PowerShell Studio remove error 50.PNG
PowerShell Studio remove error 50.PNG (7.17 KiB) Viewed 6925 times
The problem might be related to my profile being on a network share. Is there a way to solve or workaround this problem and uninstall PowerShell Studio 2015?

Product, version and build: SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2015, version 4.2.95.0
32 or 64 bit version of product: I am not sure, but probably the 64 bit version
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 8.1
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit OS
DevinL

Re: Uninstalling PowerShell Studio 2015 gives GetLastError: 50

Post by DevinL »

I uploaded a tool that should help solve this issue for you as it removes the entries in the Registry that are associated with SAPIEN products. Since the InstallFix doesn't remove references outside of the registry, you need to run the tool, then install the product, and attempt uninstalling one last time.

PLEASE NOTE: Use this tool at your own risk, it's recommended that you backup the registry beforehand just to be on the safe side.
InstallFix.zip
(259.24 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.