Autocomplete (intellisense) is not at the top of options

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 8 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
croth2

Post by croth2 »

So I am having a tough time using the autocomplete when creating a script. In my sample image the closest command to what I am typing is NOT at the top of the suggestion box. This makes it very difficult to view what it is suggesting as you have to have your eyes leave the line your coding to see if the right option is being selected. See the image below. Can I make this happen with a setting somehow?

I am using:
PowerShell Studio 2015 4.2.93 Active Trial
Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit
Attachments
SAPIEN PowerShell Studio Intellisense issue.png
SAPIEN PowerShell Studio Intellisense issue.png (53.5 KiB) Viewed 4602 times
SAPIEN Support Forums

Post by SAPIEN Support Forums »

This is an automated post. A real person will respond soon.

Thank you for posting, croth2.

Did you remember to include the following?
  • 1. Product, version and build (e.g. Product: PrimalScript 2014, Version & Build: 7.0.46. Version and build information can be found in the product's About box accessed by clicking the blue icon with the 'i' in the upper right hand corner of the ribbon.)
    2. Specify if you are running a 32 or 64 bit version
    3. Specify your operating system and if it is 32 or 64 bit.
    4. Attach a screenshot if your issue can be seen on the screen
    5. Attach a zip file if you have multiple files (crash reports, log entries, etc.) related to your issue.
If not, please take a moment to edit your original post or reply to this one.

*** Make sure you do not post any licensing information ***
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Autocomplete (intellisense) is not at the top of options

Post by davidc »

There is no option for this.

You are going to want it in the middle to see what comes before in the cases where you mistype or don't know the exact name. This is the typical behavior for most editors.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
croth2

Post by croth2 »

I would request that it be something that be considered as an addition as a user selectable option, because even though you said "You are going to want it in the middle"...no I don't actually. I really do want it at the top as I type and/or the list to shrink as I type so there is not so much visual clutter when typing the command. When the list shrinks as you type you know you've got it when you're at one entry instead of being in the middle of 10 other options.

If I don't get the right command, hit backspace and the available commands increase as you generalize the command.

The way it works now is really throwing me off, and giving me a bad feel when trying to code. I am wasting more time looking at the selection box then just typing and getting the right stuff.

My $0.02 and suggestion anyway. Maybe others agree...maybe they don't...I don't know.
davidc

Post by davidc »

We appreciate your feedback. I will add the request to our feature wish list.

Note: PowerShell Studio doesn't hide items while typing, but the feature is on the list.

David
David
croth2

Post by croth2 »

Is the hiding of items in list looking like it will be something added? If so, can you speculate as to when, without guaranteeing it of course?

Is there a place to go to vote on things in the feature request list like Feedback app allows in windows 10? User Voice site?
davidc

Post by davidc »

Unfortunately I can't provide any time tables.

We don't have a voting system, but we have a forum where you can post feature requests:

viewforum.php?f=9

David
David
This topic is 8 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.