Virtual includes

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Tim TS

Virtual includes

Post by Tim TS »

I'm taking a look at the latest PrimalScript. Sorry if this is my mis-understanding, but I can't get virtual includes to get recognised.- Simple Classic ASP project, VBScript- Created as a porject- Have a file with a virtual include:<!-- #include virtual="/includes/myfile.asp" -->- Right-clicking doesn't show "Open this file"- Class within include is not included in PrimalSense- Changing to <!-- #include file="../../includes/myfile.asp" --> seems to work okIs this my problem, or the current status of virtual includes in PrimalScript?Thanks,Tim
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Virtual includes

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Well, virtual folders only are resolved in the application context when it runs under IIS. It's really not possible to resolve that in a static editing environment.
I can have a look if there is an API to resolve these things....
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Tim TS

Virtual includes

Post by Tim TS »

Hi Alexander,Good point. I didn't think of that. I always use it in reference to the root of the site, and therefore assume it would be evaluated as the root of the project. I didn't think of the application to virtual folders within IIS.This is how Dreamweaver works when you right-click on it...it certainly is very simple and makes (as you've noted) incorrect assumptions, but for the majority of projects it is incredibly convenient.Many hosts don't support the "file" include type, so virtual references from the site root are necessary.As it stands, this feature alone makes Dreamweaver's editor more convenient (despite its lackings!).:(Thanks,Tim
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Virtual includes

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We are in pretty much a code freeze right now with the pending release of PrimalScript 2009, but if you ping me again in a few weeks I can see if we can add a virtual root setting on a per project basis.
That may not be one hundred percent correct all the time but I think we could cover the most common scenarios.

Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.