Pre-Sales questions about customizing Primal Scrip

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 16 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
neil@nedmundson.com

Post by neil@nedmundson.com »

donj,Thanks for getting back to me. I know that you can change the background color of the script. But it appears that the entire script has to have the same background color. I would like for different portions of the script to have different background colors (comments light green, strings light pink) to match the colorization that I use in my cs and js files.Am I correct in saying that this cannot be done in PrimalScript?-Neil
donj

Post by donj »

Correct - the product doesn't currently support that, because it recognizes all embedded script as a single item - unlike in a CS file, where various language elements are broken out and recognized differently by the parser.

There are some involved technical reasons why this is the case, but I won't bore you unless you're interested :).
neil@nedmundson.com

donj, jhicks,Thanks so much for the lightning fast responses. You really exceeded my expectations. Just to summarize what I have heard (and to be sure that I understand you correctly):
How do I change the key to delete a line (from Alt-Y to Ctl-Y) (I
cannot find delete line in the list of commands for keyboard
customization) Answer: jhicks is going to check with developer to find out how to do this.2. Similarly, I would like to change keys for commenting and uncommenting lines.Answer: jhicks is going to check with developer to find out how to do this.
I would like to be able to change the color of whitespace (make it a
lighter color), but I cannot find whitespace in the colors option
dialog.Answer: Primal Script does not currently support, added as a wish.4. I would like to be able have the background color
for an embedded script (in html) comment to be different than the
background color for other embedded script items, however it appears
that all embedded script items are forced to have the same background
color. Am I missing something?Answer: Primal Script does not currently support, probably too difficult to implement.

jhicks,Should I expect a reply back on items 1 and 2, or should I assume that it is pretty unlikely that I can change the keystrokes for those items?-Neil
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

The only key board shortcuts you can change are those associated with menu commands. If you don't see the option under Tools - Customize and then the Keyboard tab, the shortcut key is not user configurable.
neil@nedmundson.com

Thanks!
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

I've put in a wish list request for the ability to change other keyboard shortcuts. I can't make any promises but it will be looked at.
This topic is 16 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.