WSF workspace

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 16 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jonc

WSF workspace

Post by jonc »

I'm running a 45 day trial, PrimalScript Enterprise 2007 4.5.559 on Windows XP Pro SP2, English.
Im having a odd little issue regarding the Workspace feature for WSF files.

1. I've created a "MyMain.wsf" workspace.
2. Added "MyLib.vbs" as a file. It's mainly SUB's and FUNCTIONS (no pure script at all). about 60kb's of functions, or about 1800-2000 lines.
3. Added a embedded "MyMain_Startup (Embedded)" script in the main WSF.

The thing is that the "MyLib.vbs" sometime's flashes "into expandable mode", and lists all the SUBs / Functions.
Then after a few seconds it goes back into "standalone mode" again - aka, it is no longer expaandable - and does not show any SUBs/FUNCTIONS in the Workspace Browser anymore.

Hence, the intellisense does not work for these functions.

Now if I do the following:
1. Open the file / code for "MyLib.vbs".
2. Creates a single line in the start before any "Function / Sub declarations", with for example "Dim i".

Then I can observe in the Workspace Browser that
the "MyLib-vbs" becomes expandable again.
This lasts for about 10-30 seconds, then the "+" goes away again.

----

I've tried to add more "basic" / pure script to "MyLib.vbs" to keep it "expandable" - but Im not able to keep it in this mode for very long.

Also - if the "MyLib.vbs" contains "normal" VBS code, with a "runtime-script" instead of funcitons / subs - or if it's less complex, then it seems more likely to be able to get the expected behavior.

----

Aditionally - when I "pushed it (Workspace Browser)" even more, doing alot of changes in "MyLib.vbs", saved often - etc etc - suddenly the whole Workspace Browser started flashing / flickering the whole list.
Had to quit and restart PrimalScript for this behavior to go away.

---

Mainly I need a solution to solve the whole thing with the Workspace Browser not being able to pre-parse "MyLib.vbs" properly. The whole reason for this file being added to the project is to re-use code from a lib.

Any idea how to solve this problem?
If you need more data / specific files / debug logs Im willing to produce this for you.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

WSF workspace

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I'll see what I can find out. If it is possible for you, please zip and email your WSF and external files to support@sapien.com.
Then we can try to exactly reproduce that effect.
From what I read it seems the parser has an 'issue' with something in your code.

Thanks for your help.

Alex
Alexander Riedel2007-09-27 05:35:26
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jonc

WSF workspace

Post by jonc »

Thank you for the quick response! :)

Email is sent - I hope it gets through, because our mail system has a tendency to strip files containing code :)

EDIT: And please excuse my terrible spelling, both in my posts and the email. I have a tendency to do that ... press post / send before I've checked it ;)jonc2007-09-27 04:32:42
Alexander Riedel

WSF workspace

Oh no problem. No files yet, but I think I found the issue.
The parser gets confused when the file is not only an external include, but also opened.

I have a test case running so don't worry about resending for the moment.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
jonc

WSF workspace

Post by jonc »

Ah, thats fantastic. Since the email not have gotten through let also repeat some things I mentioned there.
Quote:

---
Another note: If you think the code is somewhat dirty / bad
Alexander Riedel

WSF workspace

Yeah, there is a dependency chain on these items. I am making sure this will all work in the next service build.
Alex
Alexander Riedel
jonc

WSF workspace

Post by jonc »

And for reference, this is a text based "image" of what the browser looks like - since were discussing the ability to
pick up functions from external files and use them as "intellisense". The criteria that of the "lib" being parsed first shold be fulfilled.

-----------------------------
Workspace Browser
-----------------------------
[_] D:Primalscript ProjectsReplicateMyMain.wsf
- [_] MyMain
+ [_] MyLib.vbs
<> Sub_Startup
<> FileRun(sFilepath, sParams, bWaitstate)

+ [_] MyMain_Startup (Embedded)
<> Sub_Init

jonc

WSF workspace

Post by jonc »

An additional question. Just a bit curious :)

In context of:
Whenever I'm able to push the scripts a bit too far, and make primalscript go berserk, eg when the scripts Im running and the debugger/cscript freeze - it happens from time to time.

Question:
Is it of any value for you at Sapien if we use the "Report this to Microsoft. Send report now"?
(There are cases Im able to make it freeze, but havent found any spcific patterns to reproduce these issues yet).

Do you get those reports from microsoft again? - or are they of no value unless you have to full context of the problem, ie contact with the customer?
jonc

WSF workspace

Post by jonc »

I've noticed an additional minor issue.In the Workspace browser:1. If I doubleclick the sub "<> Sub_Init" in "MyLib (Embedded)" - the title/caption of the code window is diaplayed as "MyLib (Embedded) (Embedded)".2. If I just doubleclick "MyLib (Embedded)" in the browser, the code-window title/caption is displayed as expected.
Alexander Riedel

WSF workspace

OK, thanks. I'll make sure that gets adressed.
BTW, we received your files and are testing against them.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 16 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.