vbCrLf / vbCRLF / VbCrLf / vbcrlf

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 16 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
roysubs

Post by roysubs »

Please help. We all have our own text formatting preferences when programming. Sometimes these can be quite serious to some people.

I noticed that when doing vbscript, PrimalScript Intellisense always changes my preferred "vbCrLf" to "VbCrLf". I notice that also, Micorosoft in their scripts always use "vbCRLF" ...

This is surely a small point, but I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to change the IntelliSense in PrimalScript so that vbcrlf's are changed to my preference of "vbCrLf". Things like that get really annoying when you are bashing out lots of scripts. IntelliSense is such a great thing, IF it works the way you want to work, but can be annoying when it doesnt, so I'm hoping you can tell me a some file that I can edit to change that ? Sometimes minor fustrations like this can be a real headache ! :-s

Is there a file somewhere where all these IntelliSense formatting defaults are held ???
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

I'm not sure there the VBScript constants are getting pulled from. I always assumed they came from the vbscript.dll but I'm not on the development team so I'll check. I don't think this is something you can change. Other constants like vbTab and vbRed are displayed properly, even vbCr and vbLF. I'll have to check with the development team to see where VBCRLF is coming from.
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

This is a short term work-around. We're continuing to discuss this internally.
roysubs

Post by roysubs »

Many thanks for looking into this, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you can open this up.
I'm hoping that you can find a way to open up these defaults as I'm sure many people have various preferences for their script formatting.
Thanks,

Roy.
cirieno

Post by cirieno »

Trust me, doesn't work as you may think it should.

I like my ASP code formatted my way, so:
response.write( "hi" )

but even with AutoCapitalisation turned off as per your instructions, the Primalsense autocomplete makes it so:
response.Write( "hi" )

ie the command only stops the object name being capitalised, not the methods or properties that PrimalSense lists.

It would be great if this could be fixed, thanks.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Actually that is an entirely different case.

The name and capitalization for methods from object models come from the typelibrary associated with that object.

In your case the type library is inside ASP.dll, which is from Microsoft.

Since object models are also used in languages that are case sensitive as well as ones that are case insensitive the Type Library loader has to load names exactly as specified in the object model.

Alex

Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
cirieno

Post by cirieno »

Oh, I see. Never occurred to me it might be like that.

Would it be possible to set this as a language-specific option then, in the Options panel, so that code is formatted as the user wishes?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I can add it to the suggestions for future versions for sure.

Alex

Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 16 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.