Pre-Sales Evaluation

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 16 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
xuma

Pre-Sales Evaluation

Post by xuma »

I've been evaluating PrimalScript Pro 4.1. Before purchasing, I have a few issues that will need clarifying or correction (items 5 and 7 are show stoppers for me):

1) Would like Edit key to delete current line.2) On Open, return file browser to previous location instead of PrimalScript folder.3) Intellisense seems spotty and the JS Intellisense does not provide ActiveX help even though the VS Intellisense does.4) If multiple keys are assigned (Shortkeys), unable to remove one; must remove all and then reassign.5) Customized Shortkeys do not appear in menu items; original keys are still shown even if they have been removed.6) In Shortkeys, apply doen't seem to work (should gray out after click until next change).7) Intellisense does not work for second level objects. For example, Dim MyFolder, MyFiles, Fso Set Fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set MyFolder = Fso.GetFolder("SomePath") Set Myfiles = MyFolder.Files For Each MyFile in MyFiles MyFile.Delete ' <---- Intellisense does not work for MyFile (a file object) - this works in OnScript Next8) The Help file does not include an entry for the Debug menu.9) The Help file seems generally out of date.

I would prefer to code in jscript but would need better intellisense support (is this called PrimalSense here?).

Thanks.

donj

Pre-Sales Evaluation

Post by donj »

1) I'm not sure what "Edit" key you're referring to. Is this a specialized keyboard?
2) This is not the current behavior of the product. You're welcome to suggest it in our "Wish List" forum.
3) If you can provide a specific example of the PrimalSense you're having a problem with, it'd be easier to help out
4) This is something we'll ask the development team to address
5) This, again, is something we'll ask the dev team to look at
6) Again, forwarded to our developers
7) PrimalSense works on second (and third, and so forth) level objects provided PrimalScript is able to statically determine what type of object it's working with. We don't use a static types database, so we're not tied to a subset of COM objects, but we do rely on the object's TLB being able to tell us what we're working with. In cases like your example, we're sometimes not able to trace the Files collection being enumerated into a File object - but we'll pass this on to the development team, as well
8) and 9) Please use the PrimalScript manual rather than the embedded help file. The manual is also accessible from the Help menu, and is more comprehensive - the help file is intended primarily as a quick-reference for commonly-used functions.

For the items that I'm alerting the development team to, I'm afraid I can't promise a specific fix or a specific timeline. Obviously, they need a chance to look at these items and determine if and when they fit into the development schedule. But I did want to provide you with a quick reply for the items I could.
Ferdinand Rios

Pre-Sales Evaluation

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

2) Try going to the Tools |Options menu. Select the Text Editor/Startup node. Check off "Restore last working directory". Is that what you want? frios2007-05-24 10:08:57
F.G. Rios
xuma

Pre-Sales Evaluation

Post by xuma »

Regarding item 1: this was just a suggestion. I meant it would be nice to be able to assign a key (any key) to an Edit function that would delete the current line.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Pre-Sales Evaluation

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The file open dialog always returns to the folder where you LAST opened a file.
If it does not that usually indicates that the folder is no longer accessible.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Ferdinand Rios

Pre-Sales Evaluation

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

Alt-Y will delete the current line. There is a list of keyboard commands in the Help| Keyboard Map option if you have not looked at that.frios2007-05-24 10:18:10
F.G. Rios
This topic is 16 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.