Can't launch PowerShell Studio due to Activation Issue

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 2 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Matt_G
Has voted: 1 time

Can't launch PowerShell Studio due to Activation Issue

Post by Matt_G »

Hi,

I'm using an older version of PowerShell Studio 2017 x64, version 5.4.145.0, on Windows 10 20H2 and I can no longer launch it due to an activation error.

When trying to launch I get a brief hang followed by:

"We are sorry. We could not reach our activation server. Please verify your internet connection".

I'm then given the option to retry (which fails with the same error) or cancel (which closes the app). The rest of my Sapien Suite products are fine, e.g. PrimalScript, the issue only seems to affect PowerShell Studio.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PowerShell Studio to no effect. The software was originally installed on this device on 07/06/21 (new work PC) and has worked fine until a few weeks ago, when I suddenly started getting this error.

I've tried installing the Sapien site certificate, and I've checked my Firewall rules which look fine too (it appears the Sapien products add their own rules in?).

I've tried to request an offline activation, but it says "This account contains no active activation keys" for some reason.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Can't launch PowerShell Studio due to Activation Issue

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It is odd that PrimalScript stays activated when PowerShell Studio is not.
The failure to communicate stems from the older .NET framework using an outdated protocol.
There is nothing really that can be done about that.
I would suggest that you try the external unlock tool you can download from here:
https://sapien.s3.amazonaws.com/downloa ... Unlock.exe

Please try and let us know.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Matt_G
Has voted: 1 time

Re: Can't launch PowerShell Studio due to Activation Issue

Post by Matt_G »

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, it's very strange indeed, especially as the initial activation worked fine and continued to do so for at least a couple of weeks. :?

Anyway, the unlock tool did the job and everything is working fine now. Thanks very much for your help, you have my gratitude. :D
This topic is 2 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.