What information does Sapien collect

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 2 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PROSIT

What information does Sapien collect

Post by PROSIT »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2021 5.8.183
Operating system: Windows 10
PowerShell version(s): 5.1
32-bit version of software? No, 64-bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
Hello,

I've been using PowerShell Studio with my company since 2014. We've recently updated our procurement system, and now the renewals have to go through that new system. While trying to renew, Sapien has told us they are not going to sign an NDA, which is part of this new procurement system; leaving us at an impasse. I've been told the purpose of this is to ensure that Sapien does not collect any information about our Company, nor the environment we are running PowerShell Studio in.

I understand our account holds our account name, an email address, and phone number. I also understand that when I launch PowerShell Studio, there is a licensing check/validation that occurs. Outside of these things; when running PowerShell Studio on my work laptop, in our environment, what information does Sapien have access to? Does the software relay any information back home? Is there any personal information captured?

If I can get satisfactory answers for these questions; it's possible we may be able to proceed with renewal.

Thanks,
Rob Walden

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
by Alexander Riedel » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:55 pm
We do not transfer or store any personal information other than user name and email address. Anything we store is information pertinent to software activation or use.
We do transmit machine names for identifying purposes and Windows version number and in some cases screen resolutions for statistical purposes. The latter is not stored associated with any personal data.
We also store a history of purchase data, so anything that was purchased creates an entry in a database and is associated with the user.
Under no circumstance do we transmit, sell or share any data with third parties or "associated businesses".

The complete statement about what we store and/or transmit can be found here:
https://www.sapien.com/company/privacy
Go to full post
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: What information does Sapien collect

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We do not transfer or store any personal information other than user name and email address. Anything we store is information pertinent to software activation or use.
We do transmit machine names for identifying purposes and Windows version number and in some cases screen resolutions for statistical purposes. The latter is not stored associated with any personal data.
We also store a history of purchase data, so anything that was purchased creates an entry in a database and is associated with the user.
Under no circumstance do we transmit, sell or share any data with third parties or "associated businesses".

The complete statement about what we store and/or transmit can be found here:
https://www.sapien.com/company/privacy
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PROSIT

Re: What information does Sapien collect

Post by PROSIT »

Awesome and Thank You Alexander!

I will pass this information along, and see if we can't get the renewal taken care of.

Have a good one!
Rob Walden
This topic is 2 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.