A question about features

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Lee.UNCH

A question about features

Post by Lee.UNCH »

I have a question regarding features of Sapien PowerShell Studio. Can you edit an executable that has been created using this software?

We had a developer create an in-house tool using a personal copy of Sapien PowerShell Studio that has since left the department. We only have the final product, but no project files and need to make a change to this tool. We are investigating the purchase of this software, but I do not see a way to edit an converted executable from the trial version, so I fear this feature may not be present in the licensed version. Can you please provide clarification if this can be done? Thanks.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: A question about features

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We can certainly extract the code from the executable. Depending on the option of the time of packaging it *may* be possible to restore the entire project from it. We would only know when we look at the executable file.
Since this executable was generated with someone else's license, we would either need the request to me made by the license holder or have some kind of proof that you own the rights to this work before we can hand the source code over to another entity.
If you would like us to check the executable if project data can be restored, please upload the file here: https://www.sapien.com/support/upload/
and reference this forum post.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.