ActiveXPosh in PrimalScript?

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
j.logan@logancomputerser.com

ActiveXPosh in PrimalScript?

Post by j.logan@logancomputerser.com »

I have been attempting to make use of ActiveXPosh located in the Support Downloads>>Free Components area, as I thought this was now integrated with PrimalScript. Is that accurate? I wanted to try it out before buying, but the ActiveXPosh in the free components folder (both v2 and v3) fail to create the object when running your own included vbscript. I don't want to even download and install the trial if this component is not included/is deprecated.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: ActiveXPosh in PrimalScript?

Post by Alexander Riedel »

That component has always been part of PrimalScript. I haven't looked at it in some time but it should still work. If it fails to create, most likely you didn't register the COM object or your don't have a prerequisite installed for it to register properly.
Hard to tell without any actual error code or message.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

Thank you, I will give the trial a shot. I did register the dll and it states it went through just fine. However, as the last version in the free section is V3, I am guessing it is looking for both PS V3 and .Net 3.
Alexander Riedel

Like I said, usually a failure to create an object produces an error code. That code is really important to determine what happened.
Alexander Riedel

So I installed PrimalScript2017 trial, and I do not see the ActiveXPosh module unless I am looking in the wrong spot. As for the code I am using and the resultant error, I download a version and register it successfully:
1.png
1.png (13.33 KiB) Viewed 16519 times

I then attempt to run the vbscript located in the same directory where ActiveXPosh is installed, and get the following error, showing that it cannot create the object.
2.png
2.png (9.48 KiB) Viewed 16519 times
Alexander Riedel

The component is typically installed here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAPIEN Common
The PrimalScript installer registers the component correctly (usually) but manually running regasm version can screw things up.
I am assuming your Windows install is 64 bit, but I cannot be sure. The error code is usually related to cross platform problems, like trying to create a 32 bit object from a 64 bit program or vice versa.
The correct registration call is
regasm.exe activexposh.dll /codebase

From your path to regasm you ran the 32 bit version of it.

The 64 bit version is in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727 (note \framework64\ versus \framework\)

If you want to run and use it on a 64 bit machine from a 64 bit VBScript engine, you need to register it as a 64 bit component.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.