DCIM Namespace

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mwbreuer

DCIM Namespace

Post by mwbreuer »

Product, version and build: WMI Explorer v2.2.73
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: Probably 32 as I don't see the 64bit designation on the info screen.
Operating system:
32 or 64 bit OS:64bit

I was wondering if the product will support Dells Command|Monitor namespace, DCIM? Currently, it does not. Or, am I missing something?

Thanks,
Matt
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: DCIM Namespace

Post by Alexander Riedel »

If you don't know if it is 32 or 64 bit, go with what you installed. There is no differentiation in the about box, we just assumed users know to install 64 bit software on 64 bit OSes :D
Is WMI Explorer installed in "C:\Program Files" or in "C:\Program Files (x86)" ?
I do not have access to a machine with a DELL command namespace, but it generally shows all namespaces on a machine.
If you mixed platforms that could be a reason for them not showing up.
Can you see that namespace from PowerShell?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mwbreuer

Post by mwbreuer »

It's 64bit. I wouldn't put it past me to have downloaded and installed the 32bit version, but I double checked after I sent the message. Humans are so flawed. :-)

I can see the namespace from powershell.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Hm, ok, being a flawed human and all, I will see what I can find out about this. A particular version of this DCIM thing you are working with?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.