VersionRecall - User has to be logged in for the automatic updates to work?

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
fudder

VersionRecall - User has to be logged in for the automatic updates to work?

Post by fudder »

I'm checking out the trial of VersionRecall 1.5.139 for use, and I ran into a question:

The systray app that actually updates the repository every 60 minutes... that's not an actual Windows Service? I have to actually be logged onto the machine for it to work?

Thanks!
-Patrick
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: VersionRecall - User has to be logged in for the automatic updates to work?

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Well, yes. Since normally a logged on user modifies the source code ... :D
Every 60 minutes is quite frequently though.
We did have a Windows service in an earlier version, but that created a ton of access right problems.
What is your actual use case?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
fudder

Post by fudder »

I was hoping to use this on a machine with a fileshare where multiple users might be updating files. I don't need source control for these users, just some kind of limited roll-back/restore functionality and this looked perfect.

Is the app scriptable? I didn't see anything in the help, but I could potentially schedule a task to kick off the repository update periodically, in lieu of staying logged on.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

There is a command line utility. VRK.exe. It might do what you want.
2017-06-19_11-48-06.png
2017-06-19_11-48-06.png (108.33 KiB) Viewed 10828 times
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
fudder

Post by fudder »

Hey, that's perfect - works like a champ. Thanks!
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.