Install failure

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rodrich1954

Install failure

Post by rodrich1954 »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2017
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: both
Operating system:
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

I get a 4154 error when trying to install either 64 or 32 bit trial downloads of Powershell Studio 2017, install file is SPS17Setup_5.4.140_051817_x64.exe or the same _x86 version. The error msg comes up at the end of the install prerequisites section. I looked through the windows app event log and I am getting an error 1330 which says:

Product: SAPIEN Updates -- Error 1330. A file that is required cannont be installed because the cabinet file C:\users\...\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.\SAPIEN Updates 1.0.21.0\install\disk1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate a cabinet file is corrupt. Error 24581 was returned by WinVerify Trust.

I get the same error trying t o install the 64 or 32 bit versions.

The Navy has ordered this product for my use and I am expecting the verification of the purchase within the next 48 hours. I am worried that I can't get the downloaded version to install and doubt that both the downloads are corrupted. Any ideas?
rodrich1954

Re: Install failure

Post by rodrich1954 »

I forgot to mention, I am trying to install this on a Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit windows installation. I have even uninstalled the anti-virus in case that was somehow interfering with the install but it made no difference.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

This type of error usually happens on machines that are not fully patched. You are missing trust for a root certificate. Basically the signature is not trusted because your computer does not trust
the entity that issued the certificate.
I can provide you with a link to install the prerequisite by itself so you can diagnose which signature is not trusted if you like. There are the signature, the counter signature, the time stamping signature and counter-signing signature for that, so there are a few options that may be missing.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
rodrich1954

Post by rodrich1954 »

Please send or post the link, thanks and I will see what happens.
Alexander Riedel

Sent to your email address.
Alexander Riedel
rodrich1954

Post by rodrich1954 »

I did a test install on a windows 10 tablet and all is well there. It says all the certs are fine. On the windows 7 computer on the other hand, it says the timestamping signature couldn't be verified or is malformed. I was under the impression that all my certs are up to date but this would seem to indicate otherwise. This is a standalone machine but DOD provides a root cert updater and to the best of my knowledge, the certs are all up-to-date. If you have any suggestions on what may be missing, I am all ears.
Alexander Riedel

You can right click on the installer in question, select properties, digital signatures. Click on the signature and press "Details"
On each certificate or countersignature, click "View certificate" and select "Certification Path"
This way you can find what certificate you are missing.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 6 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.