A question about adjusting the colours used in PS 2017

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ErnieB

A question about adjusting the colours used in PS 2017

Post by ErnieB »

Product, version and build:
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product:
Operating system:
32 or 64 bit OS:

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

Hello
I know how to adjust the colours in 2017 however does not appear to be support for custom colours, for example

the default "background" colour for the dark theme is a grey and has a code of 45,45,48 (I presume these are RGB colour references).

I wish to make this grey background a few shades darker but cannot see an appropriate colour on the pre-defined list of colours, therefore I was looking foe a colour picker tool and/or the ability to type in my own RGB combination of three numbers. However neither of these options appears to be available.

Please advise as soon as you can

Thanks
Ernest
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: A question about adjusting the colours used in PS 2017

Post by davidc »

Hello Ernest,

You can select a custom color using the Options->Edit->Editor Font and Color Settings dialog:
Editor Font and Color - Custom Colors.png
Editor Font and Color - Custom Colors.png (30.1 KiB) Viewed 7684 times
Click the pull down and select the Custom tab. Then right-click on any of the blank squares and you will be presented with a Color dialog, where you can specify your own color:
Edit Custom Color Dialog.png
Edit Custom Color Dialog.png (11.45 KiB) Viewed 7684 times
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
ErnieB

Re: A question about adjusting the colours used in PS 2017

Post by ErnieB »

Thanks very much again David

question answered
Ernie
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.