VersionRecall Explorer GUI bug deletes source files

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
adminbod

VersionRecall Explorer GUI bug deletes source files

Post by adminbod »

Product, version and build: VersionRecall 2016, 1.2.132
32 or 64 bit version of product: 32bit
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional
32 or 64 bit OS: 32bit

Hi,

I've been evaluating VersionRecall for our company over the last few days and during that time I periodically came across some odd behaviour where my source files were getting deleted when I was viewing them in the VersionRecall Explorer.

After a few hours I realised that if you...

Highlight one or more files, then either

a) hold down the left mouse button and click on either the left or right scroller bar arrow
OR
b) hold down the left mouse button and attempt to move the slider bar to the left or right

(the attached screenshot highlights the areas of the application I'm talking about)
VersionRecallExplorer.PNG
... then VersionRecall explorer locks the mouse into "file drag/copy mode" (you'll see the mouse icon change)
immediately, the source file that you had highlighted gets deleted from your source folder location and shows up as "local copy not found"
PLUS the mouse is now locked into this state and you cannot clear it until you close VersionRecall explorer and relaunch it.

Sounds a bit weird I know, but I installed VersionRecall on another PC here and it did the same thing.

Can someone verify that this is happening - or whether its some strange side effect of our environment.

thanks...
DevinL

Re: VersionRecall Explorer GUI bug deletes source files

Post by DevinL »

I can verify that this is indeed happening and not a strange side effect of your environment.

I've filed an internal bug report and will report back here when I have some more information.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
adminbod

Post by adminbod »

Thanks - I'll wait you're feedback.
We can't really deploy this into production until it's resolved.

regards...
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

The latest service release of VersionRecall should fix this. I tested the build the other day and confirmed it no longer deletes the source file in my tests, but would like to make certain it's fixed for you as well.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.